Thursday, December 16, 2010

Itsy bitsy Flower Power Hippy Memories or what...?

From time to time these memories come back and then I realize it has been a long long time ago as if in another life. People normally grow out of this but sometimes I feel that little tugging at my sleeve...do you remember?

This is what I felt when I saw this sweet little bedroom. Not that it really looks so much flower power loaden but it somehow reminds me. What does it remind YOU of?

I wanted to give this room a bit more art so I placed that painting virtually on the wall. Contemplation on a Feather it is called and it certainly reminds me of philosophical discussions through many nights, with many glasses of cheap red wine and many many cigarettes. It reminds me of so many subjects we discussed and which had so much importance that somehow got lost in the decades passing by. When did they actually get lost? I cannot remember...

 original image source and with courtesy of 


The painting is acrylic on cotton and belongs to my pigeon series. As you may know I am writing a documentary and diary about a feral pigeon family who lives on my balcony since nearly 3 years now. This diary contains many stories and photos about pigeons, who are extremely underestimated and misjudged. These birds are highly intelligent, make very funny companions and are absolutely amiable. If only more people would realize how special these birds are. Maybe you will change your mind too if you start reading my blog Pigeon Tales. You will learn a lot of things you probably did not know before.


"Contemplation on a Feather"
(from the Pigeons series)
 

18" x 26" acrylic
©Petra Voegtle
~
 If you would like to know more about this series please check this link.
 ~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...