Sunday, September 19, 2010

Guilin - a Landscape for ROOMS, big ROOMS

I have brought this up a couple of times in order to show you the various possibilities to place a painting such as this one and how it could transform a room into a breathtaking place as it is shown in the example below. Sometimes it takes so little for this metamorphosis. The original art on the wall looked very nice but do you think it made you feel excitement?


I have a different idea - a landscape as below would make you gasp. A painting that emanates pure magic because the subject is magical. And this is what art is living from otherwise it is only a piece of decoration. So chose wisely!

In a large hallway such as this you need something that blows you out of your socks. There is so much space that can be used without stuffing it. This is my suggestion:


To see that breathtaking landscape with your own eyes will never let you forget about it. Photos are not sufficient to catch the special light, the atmosphere of this beauty. You can look at some of the photos I have taken here but I wished I could go back with the camera and the easel and do what so many artists have done before me. So many motifs I would like to share...

The painting consists of 5 panels which are painted on silk and even could be continued into a 360° view. Imagine a room with an endless landscape! It takes you into a 3d-view when you are in front of it and opens the space even more into nearly endless distance...





"Monuments of Guilin"
(from the Magic Landscapes series)
 

Polyptych, 40" x 65", silk
©Petra Voegtle
~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Petra, I do so agree that the room called out for a much more dramatic treatment than the painting which was shown first on the wall. However, I am unsure about the landscape you have selected here since I feel that this rather dominates the room, making the room more of a gallery rather than a room in which one can live. I am very unsure about how successful the room would finally look complete with furniture etc.

Unknown said...

Dear Edith - thank you very much again for your great comment. I think if this were a living room I would fully agree to your objection but I think this is part of a hallway and not supposed to function as room to sit in. At least this looks to me like that...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...