Friday, August 27, 2010

The Elegance of an Entry Hall...

Now look closely at the picture below and see what is wrong?
This is truly a wonderful and very elegant entry hall. I love the colour scheme here, the light and airiness of this entrance, the filigree door, everything composed with great care besides the mirror above the table. How could this have been overlooked that a mirror was placed into the alcove that does not fit at all? In my opinion this does not look good. No doubt that mirror is beautiful and would have looked wonderful on the side table but not in the alcove.


   original image source from http://www.getdecorating.com

I had a different idea for decoration: a delicate and realistic painting in a nicely carved frame, matching colour and style of the side table: Contemplation on a Predator from the Pigeon series.


To make this part of the wall even more interesting and in order to give it a bit of a mysterious (you know I like mystery) touch I would even place a beautiful skull on the table, something similar to the painted one. "Ebony and ivory" would make a perfect match. I am sure any guest would be intrigued...

"Contemplation on a Predator"
(from the Pigeons series)
 

18" x 26" (without frame) acrylic
©Petra Voegtle

The painting itself is acrylic on cotton. You can read more about it here if you like. Inspiration comes from the feral pigeon family that lives on my balcony and whose lives I am documenting in another blog since nearly 3 years now. Read the Pigeon Tales with lots of stories and photos.
~

3 comments:

DesignTies said...

This is a really intriguing and unusual painting. I like that you can only see the pigeon's legs & feet -- it does add an air of mystery :-)

Kelly

bolbo said...

Its really an modern painting that looks unique design and have distinct color variation.
thanks
decor-decor.net

Anonymous said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I've really loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I'll be
subscribing to your feed and I'm hoping you write once more soon!
Check out my web-site borkum riff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...