Thursday, August 27, 2009

Breaking the Order

You may have seen this perfectly styled room probably a couple of times. It has been published in various magazines. I love the composition, the clean graphical lines, it's light and order. Everything seems to be at the right place. And that's my problem with this room.
For me it looks like the showroom in an extravagant designer store and I am missing the personal touch - that kind of touch that shows me that someone is actually living here.

So if this were my room I would go and break up the order, add something personal, add a painting that contains movement and adds life - just as this silk painting Tassili I, inspired by the cave paintings and engravings that have been found in the Algerian desert. Isn't this a humorous oxymoron??

If you want to know more about the painting check this link


I apologize - cannot find the original image source

Tassili I
(from the Magic Symbols series)
40" x 13" silk

©Petra Voegtle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...