Friday, June 12, 2009

Dining Room and Ricefields...

Interiors and deco need not be excruciatingly expensive in order to be chic and elegant. I think this dining room is a good example. Also if you refrain from buying only brands but instead look for quality no matter who's made it you can save a lot of money.

I don't know who designed this little dining room with an adjacent kitchen, nor do I know the products which have been used here but I think this place looks light and easy, with chic and style and I love it. What I miss here (of course) is a piece of art, so I chose the silk painting Ricefields (no pun intended) from the Magic Landscapes series for the white wall as a potential scenery here.

This link leads you to details of the painting.

with courtesy of http://www.livingetc.com
click here for the original
image source

"Ricefields at Dawn"
40" x 21", silk
©Petra Voegtle
.

2 comments:

DesignTies said...

Beautiful room, and your painting looks perfect on that wall :-)

I really like the simplicity of the space, and how the wood table and cabinets and the dark frame around the doors add warmth and dimension.

Kelly

Unknown said...

Kelly - I can only agree. Sometimes we just see a room, or a wall or some accessories and you think - wow, that's just perfect. It's a good feeling from the very first moment. It's similar to the feeling when you meet someone new and find her/him muy simpatico instantly whithout knowing that person...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...